Mammoth Sports Construction is looking for a versatile and driven Civil CAD Technician to join our growing team. We are searching for candidates who are creative, forward thinking, detail oriented and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while also working autonomously on given tasks. As a Civil CAD Technician, you will provide assistance to engineers/designers/surveyors using CAD software operations to create plans and perform design work. A major component of this position is to produce production sheets by adding dimension/layout plans and title/detail sheets.
ABOUT MAMMOTH SPORTS CONSTRUCTION
Mammoth Sports Construction is a full-service, turnkey sports company for schools and athletic complexes that can help design, budget, fundraise and build the projects of our partner’s dreams. Mammoth offers complete design-build services and is respected nationally as an industry leader with projects completed at the highest levels of sports, including the NFL, Big 10 Conference, Northern Sun Conference, Big 12 Conference, MIAA Conference, Southeastern Conference, Heart of America Athletic Conference and many others nationwide. Mammoth is a family owned and operated company with the corporate headquarters located in Meriden, Kansas, and an additional office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
JOB LOCATION: Meriden, KS
SALARY: TBD Based on Qualifications + Benefits
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with 2D and 3D modeling and plan production; develop 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
- Assist in the review of designs for consistency, safety, operability, and maintenance requirements.
- Assist in development of initial design concepts.
- Communicate effectively with project team members and clients.
- Work with internal Engineering staff to coordinate design solutions.
- Proficient in utilizing Computer-Aided Drafting program such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, Navis Works, etc.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, and construction administration.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to an everchanging work environment and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of civil engineering concepts such as grading and storm drainage.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined in a collaborative studio environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree or vocational training program in Design and Drafting Technology and civil design experience or a related field; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of 1 year of civil design experience.
- Experience in detail and design development, construction documents, construction administration preferred.