Mammoth Sports Construction is looking for a versatile and driven Civil Design Engineer to join our growing team. We are searching for candidates who are creative, forward thinking, detail oriented and work effectively in a collaborative team environment while also working autonomously on given tasks. This role will involve designing civil engineering projects in the areas of site development, water/wastewater/stormwater, and transportation. The engineering candidate will play a critical role in concept development and participate throughout the engineering and construction process under the guidance of the Engineering lead and Department Director.
ABOUT MAMMOTH SPORTS CONSTRUCTION
Mammoth Sports Construction is a full-service, turnkey sports company for schools and athletic complexes that can help design, budget, fundraise and build the projects of our partner’s dreams. Mammoth offers complete design-build services and is respected nationally as an industry leader with projects completed at the highest levels of sports, including the NFL, Big 10 Conference, Northern Sun Conference, Big 12 Conference, MIAA Conference, Southeastern Conference, Heart of America Athletic Conference and many others nationwide. Mammoth is a family owned and operated company with the corporate headquarters located in Meriden, Kansas, and an additional office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
JOB LOCATION: Meriden, KS
SALARY: TBD Based on Qualifications + Benefits
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with design team to develop design concepts through construction documents.
- Perform hydrologic modeling and stormwater runoff calculations.
- Assist in development of initial design concepts.
- Research necessary codes and regulatory standards.
- Communicate effectively with project team members and clients.
- Work with internal Engineering staff to coordinate design solutions.
- Coordinate with internal Estimating and Construction team members in preparation of scope, design, and project approach.
- Perform construction administration duties for conformance with design intent and construction documents.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined in a collaborative studio environment.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination and construction administration.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to an everchanging work environment and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- AutoCAD Experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 0-5 years of civil design experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and/or equivalent comparable work experience.
- Detail and design development, construction documents, construction administration experience preferred.
- Experience with Civil3D preferred.
- EIT Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of other civil engineering design and analysis software such as AutoCAD Storm and Sanitary Analysis, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS and HCS preferred.