Mammoth Sports Construction is seeking a Concrete Operations Manager with a minimum of 8 to 10 years of commercial construction experience. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing multiple project teams and provides operational support to ensure a safe, positive, and profitable outcome for the projects.
ABOUT MAMMOTH SPORTS CONSTRUCTION
Mammoth Sports Construction is a full-service, turnkey sports company for schools and athletic complexes that can help design, budget, fundraise and build the projects of our partner’s dreams. Mammoth offers complete design-build services and is respected nationally as an industry leader with projects completed at the highest levels of sports, including the NFL, Big 10 Conference, Northern Sun Conference, Big 12 Conference, MIAA Conference, Southeastern Conference, Heart of America Athletic Conference and many others nationwide. Mammoth is a family owned and operated company with the corporate headquarters located in Meriden, Kansas, and an additional office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
JOB LOCATION: Sioux Falls, SD
SALARY: TBD, Based on Qualifications, + Benefits
BENEFITS: Health, dental and vison insurance. Company Vehicle. Company issued iPad. 401K with employer match. Company paid short/long term disability. Company paid life insurance. Unlimited vacation (upon approval of manager). Performance based bonuses.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate and develop good working relationships with management, staff, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Manage and interpret all construction documents.
- Responsible for the supervision, directions, communications, and development of the project team.
- Develop the overall project plan and sets expectations for the project team.
- Work closely with superintendents on job site safety, quality, and efficiency standards.
- Ensure project team is following the defined processes and that the team are acting per their role and responsibilities.
- Aids in the validation of project status and makes recommendations to ensure execution goals are met.
- Travel to and between job sites.
- Make decisions under tight deadlines.
- Skilled at negotiating and developing relationships with owners and subcontractors.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities along with an open and willing attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and motivate, direct, and address conflict with a team
- Outstanding communication skills verbal and written.
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Excellent technical skills. Proficient in reading, understanding, and applying blueprints and job specifications utilizing various software.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated and passionate about concrete construction.
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and employees.
- Assist project management in recruitment of industry skilled workers.
- Possess and maintain a current valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including Procore, Outlook, Bluebeam, etc.
- Experience reading and understanding project plans and design materials.
- Self-perform experience of concrete is required.
- Experience managing large-scale projects successfully from start to finish.
- Strong understanding of A.D.A. requirements, testing and inspection procedures concerning structural and civil concrete construction.
- Knowledge of Local, State and OSHA safety requirements and guidelines.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in set-up, placement and finishing of concrete.
- Experience with Slip Form Paving, Concrete Forming, Building Layout, Power Troweled Floors and Concrete Placement.