Mammoth Sports Construction is seeking an Estimator or Project Estimator with a minimum of 5 – 7 years of commercial construction experience. The role is responsible for analyzing and interpreting plans, performing quantity take-offs, soliciting proposals, analyzing bids and building detailed estimates. You will also be providing detailed proposals and accurate bid packages that will involve negotiating and attending meetings with vendors, clients and architects along with value engineering projects to ensure they fall within schedule and budget.
ABOUT MAMMOTH SPORTS CONSTRUCTION
Mammoth Sports Construction is a full-service, turnkey sports company for schools and athletic complexes that can help design, budget, fundraise and build the projects of our partner’s dreams. Mammoth offers complete design-build services and is respected nationally as an industry leader with projects completed at the highest levels of sports, including the NFL, Big 10 Conference, Northern Sun Conference, Big 12 Conference, MIAA Conference, Southeastern Conference, Heart of America Athletic Conference and many others nationwide. Mammoth is a family owned and operated company with the corporate headquarters located in Meriden, Kansas, and an additional office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
JOB LOCATION: We are hiring for both the Meriden, KS, and Sioux Falls, SD offices.
SALARY: TBD Based on Qualifications + Benefits
- Prepare a detailed estimate by completing quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate input and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price [GMP], Cost Plus, etc.).
- Lead the document management for the project, including receiving drawings and specifications, providing the proper file structure, and distribution to all parties.
- Serve as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client. Point of contact for managing assigned trade subcontractors and distributing information.
- Support constructibility reviews through communication with the project team, designers and subcontractor market.
- Develop a value analysis study by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Responsible for understanding all factors required for a comprehensive trade package scope, including contract documents, site logistics, schedule, coordination, means and methods.
- Coordinate with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Prepare scope requisitions for assigned trades as required; coordinate with project team to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Prepare comparison analysis to previous estimate for assigned scope.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Document information into Bid Recording Sheet, organize and participate in Post Bid Review.
- Manage action items from Post Bid and finalize subcontract scope. Make recommendations to the project lead for award.
- Supervise assistant estimators and/or interns as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing large-scale projects successfully from start to finish.
- Skilled at negotiating and developing relationships with owners and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities along with an open and willing attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team. Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Outstanding communication skills verbal and written.
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent technical skills. Proficient in reading, understanding and applying blueprints and job specifications utilizing various software.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or construction management is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years with diverse construction background.