Mammoth Sports Construction is seeking an experienced candidate to fulfill the role of Architectural Project Director. The Project Director role will oversee the development of design projects from concept through construction. Project Director will work with the Head of Design to manage and coordinate projects, engage in Business Development efforts, and coordinate with Directors of Design Departments.
Individuals must be able define and manage high level project goals, milestones and expectations and effectively pass along to design team. This role will involve coordination with internal engineering, construction, and estimating teams; engagement with operations needs and active participation in the design and delivery process.
JOB LOCATION: Meriden, KS
SALARY: TBD Based on Qualifications + Benefits
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead development of design work in collaborative environment with multiple team members and multiple disciplines.
- Oversee needs of multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Engage with Business Development in pursuing project leads.
- Work with Head of Design and Department Directors to manage project needs, milestones, and goals.
- Communicate effectively with executive staff, project team members and clients.
- Engage clients to determine goals and understanding for project design delivery.
- Work with internal Engineering Director to coordinate project needs.
- Coordinate with internal Estimating and Construction team members in preparation of scope, design, and project approach.
- Manage design team members in execution of project plan and develop solutions to changes as they occur.
- Manage construction administration process to assure conformance with design intent and construction documents.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined in a collaborative studio environment.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, construction administration.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to an everchanging work environment and prioritize tasks appropriately.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of architectural design experience preferred.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture or and/or equivalent comparable work experience.
- Detail and design development, construction documents, construction administration experience.
- Experience and understanding of building systems, equipment, technology requirements, detailing and how they relate to construction.
- Understanding of Revit and AutoCad software preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
ABOUT MAMMOTH SPORTS CONSTRUCTION
Mammoth Sports Construction is a full-service, turnkey sports company for schools and athletic complexes that can help design, budget, fundraise and build the projects of our partner’s dreams. Mammoth offers complete design-build services and is respected nationally as an industry leader with projects completed at the highest levels of sports, including the NFL, Big 10 Conference, Northern Sun Conference, Big 12 Conference, MIAA Conference, Southeastern Conference, Heart of America Athletic Conference and many others nationwide. Mammoth is a family owned and operated company with the corporate headquarters located in Meriden, Kansas, and an additional office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.